Wednesday, July 23, 2014

koha migration 3.8 to 3.16 on ubuntu 12.04 LTS version

Koha Migration from 3.8 to 3.16

Recently I tried to migrate koha from 3.8 to 3.16. I tried to upgrade from major versions such as 3.8 to 3.10, 3.12, 3.14 and then to 3.16. When 3.16 was done when web installation ran it threw an error as

Software error:


DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_library.roadtype' doesn't

exist at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-

bin/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl
line 7987.


For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.
The above error was dealing with non availability of 'roadtype' table. I then sent query on koha mailing list and Indranil Das Gupta sent me following answer which helped perfectly and I could complete koha upgrade to 3.16. I was asked to login to mysql and then create table in koha database.

CREATE TABLE roadtype (roadtypeid int(11) NOT NULL
auto_increment,road_type varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY
 (roadtypeid) ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot that code worked for me. Am sorted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunita! Was googling for something when this blogpost of yours came up in search. Glad to know that I was able to be of help! :)

    cheers
    -idg

    ReplyDelete